I am a Software Developer and Cybersecurity Apprentice in Tampa Bay working on and continually learning more about building applications and securing them in the process. I have been writing software since 2014, when I started teaching myself. I previously worked as an Application Developer at Symphonic Distribution before I left to expand my skills by pursuing an intensive cybersecurity education. I am now seeking opportunities to contribute to a company’s growth while expanding my development, security, and operations skills beyond my current knowledge.
Software Developer — June 2017 - Present
- Developed, maintained, and deployed various applications on multiple platforms including iOS, Web, Roku, Chromecast.
- Developed middleware to integrate the Salesforce API and an infrastructure monitoring system.
- Provided guidance on various business objectives.
Evolve Security Academy
Security Apprentice — January 2018 - May 2018
- Performed a live vulnerability assessment on a not-for-profit company based on ISO 27001:27002 standards that involved scoping, creating, and delivering a 15-page report that included an executive summary, detailed findings, and recommendations for remediation.
- Executed assessments by utilizing automated tools such as Nessus, OpenVAS, Metasploit, Nikto as well as manual testing including Burp Suite, Wireshark, TCPDump, Custom Scripts, etc.
- Identified web application vulnerabilities based on OWASP standards and best practices.
- Executed phishing campaign on clients using the GoPhish Framework.
- Deployed and managed IDS rule creation and alert reviews with Snort.
- Deployed log management through SIEMs (Splunk).
- Performed server hardening on CentOS, Windows, Debian environments by enforcing best practices such as the configuration of appropriate password policy, implementation of host-based firewalls through IPTables, disabling weak cryptographic ciphers, disabling unnecessary services in accordance with least functionality, etc.
- Created various Python and Bash scripts for packet analysis, port scanning, OSINT gathering.
- Provisioned multiple AWS environments using AWS CLI, Terraform(Infrastructure as code), Docker, etc.
Application Developer — July 2015 - June 2017
- Responsible for designing, developing, and deploying media applications for an industry-leading music blog. Platforms included iOS, tvOS, Roku, and Chromecast.
- Developed and deployed a content management system for the media applications.
- Developed multiple micro-services that helped streamline the main distribution/management process. Services included restricted artwork detection, catalog importing, and title refactoring.
- Responsible for designing, developing, and deploying an iOS application for a piracy protection service.
- Developed a micro-service for the piracy protection service that detects whether or not a webpage is providing an illegal link to a release/song based on a number of common identifiers.
- Provided assistance and guidance on various Symphonic B2B projects.
Topple Track — iOS & Web App
Topple Track is a brand of Symphonic Distribution that aims to protect artist’s music from file sharing websites.
Swift, Objective-C, Python, Ruby/Rails, SQL
Noiseporn — IOS, tvOS, Roku, Chromecast, & Web App
Noiseporn is an industry-leading music blog providing music fans with the latest news, interviews, music, videos, and more.
GitHawk — iOS App
GitHawk is an open-source GitHub project manager app for iOS.
Evolve Security Academy
Cybersecurity — 2018
Evolve Security Academy is a Cybersecurity Bootcamp in Chicago that provides immersive training, giving students the concrete and practical skills they will actually need on the job. Students gain real work experience through the live security assessment work they perform on not-for-profit companies.
Areas of focus included Networking, Application Stack, Threat Landscape, Security Programs, Social Engineering, System Architecture, System Hardening, Cryptography, Offensive Security, Incident Response, Forensics, etc.
The Iron Yard
Mobile Engineering — 2015
The Iron Yard is an immersive code school where I learned Objective-C, Swift, Bash, Xcode, Git, Linux Fundamentals, and many other technical skills. Throughout the program, my classmates and I attended lectures from 9 am to 12 pm, then completed a project by the following morning. During the final month of the program, we worked on a project of our choosing. I created Bagel Runner, an endless runner game which I presented at The Iron Yard’s Demo Day.
CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 — May 2018
Evolve Security Certified Professional (ESCP) — April 2018